Sunday, May 03, 2009 | 3:47 PM

The Ramen Girl



I don't know why people hate this movie. I love it! I didn't watch the Tampopo, not that I plan to anyway. But who cares if the original one is better!

Anyway, I simply like this movie for two reason: hilarious and the message. The Ramen Girl made me realize how important it is to put all of your heart into your cooking. Otherwise, it won't taste special and bland, just like any other cooking.

Like last week, I cooked my favorite dish (who happened to be his too) and it didn't turn out as I expected it to. I try to put blame on everything - the santan, asam keping, everything! But later after I watched this movie, I soon figured out that it is not because of the ingredient or I did anything differently than before. It's just that I didn't do it wholeheartedly. I did it because he requested for it like non stop since a month ago and I felt bad, so I cook. Whereas when we were couple back then, I cooked with all the love in the world for this man, who travelled 2 hours by train just to see me. So there you go, I am a bad wife!

Today, I make a promise to myself that next time, when I cook for him, I will put all my love and heart to it, no matter what. No matter how tired or lazy I am, I will cook like the ramen girl :).

Labels: