Monday, March 09, 2009 | 5:45 AM

Confessions of a Shopaholic

Ok, I'm going to be really honest.

I am a little, tiny bit frustrated about how the movie turned out. While the Confessions of a Shopaholic is witty and entertaining, I do feel that the books are way better than the movie itself. I know, adaptation always ends up not as good as the big screen, which is why I give this movie a go.

Still, I have been waiting for this movie for so long and I really hope it turned out the way I always picture it to be. But it wasn't. So, of course I'm disappointed. And as the screenplay was based on the two books, the plot felt a bit messy, scattered and rushed. The unnecessary made-ups like the gardening magazine, Alette, the Manhattan setting, Becky an American and Luke Brandon an editor-in-chief just don't relate to the books at all.

Maybe this movie did not excite me as much as I thought it would. Yet, it doesn't mean it was a bad movie. Not at all. In fact, you should see it yourself, especially to all the shopaholic out there. It was enjoyable, even my husband thinks it was hilarious. Just don't put your hope too high to those who have read the series.

By the way, the movie will be out on March 26th. Go see it ok!

Confession_of_a_Shopaholic2

Confession_of_a_Shopaholic1

Labels: ,